Buffalo Lake, MN The Bank of Buffalo Lake opened for business in 1893 at the corner of Main & Yellowstone Trail in Buffalo Lake. On January 16, 1901 the Bank of Buffalo Lake was incorporated to become the State Bank of Buffalo Lake . A new brick building was constructed just to the west of the existing building in 1955 with a grand opening occurring on July 23, 1955. This portion of the bank still remains as the west half of the bank where the Safe Deposit Boxes and
The teller line at the State Bank of Buffalo Lake in 1908
teller line are located. 1981 brought with it the addition of the east half of the building and a new drive
up window. The grand opening for the remodeling occurred on October
17, 1981. The latest unplanned remodeling was due to a tornado which
hit the community at 7:42 pm on June 24, 2003 when a tornado caused
extensive damage to the building. As we are dedicated to our community
and customers we were open for business immediately following the
Original Tri-County State Bank
Ortonville, MN Tri-County State Bank in Ortonville first opened for business in 1955 and was located in Ortonville's Mainstreet where the Krueger License Bureau building is now located. The bank began when a group of businessmen decided to form their own bank. In 1974 the bank moved to a new building which was construction at 113 NW 1st Street, and is where the bank presently stands. In 1997 the bank underwent a major remodeling project which included removing a water fountain from the lobby.
Lobby prior to the 1997 remodeling
September 1994, the State Bank of Buffalo Lake merged with Tri-County State Bank to become CenBank. CenBank is a family owned bank and enjoys serving our communities. We are proud to be able to offer a full range of banking services, and products including internet and telephone banking. The joining of the two banks has allowed for
much growth and many technological changes and we look forward to the challenges that the future holds.